This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the SID project.
Re: SID configury, libtoolery updated
- From: Jim Blandy <jimb at redhat dot com>
- To: "Frank Ch. Eigler" <fche at redhat dot com>
- Cc: SID public developers <sid at sources dot redhat dot com>
- Date: 04 Jun 2005 10:20:43 -0500
- Subject: Re: SID configury, libtoolery updated
- References: <email@example.com> <20050604122432.GA14056@redhat.com>
"Frank Ch. Eigler" <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> > [...] One oddity is that the tree must be configured with
> > --enable-shared; otherwise, there is no PIC libiberty built, and
> > thus we can't produce shared libraries for the components that
> > depend on it. [...]
> At one point we considered (or actually _did_) building individiaul
> libiberty source files within the sid build tree, so that its notion
> of sharedness would be independent of $build/libiberty. Maybe this
> could work.
That's a good idea.
> Thanks for doing this auto* upgrading, it was overdue.