Re: Some basic doubts : How can I port SID to a different processor?

Hi

ashwani <ashwani@isofttech.com> writes:

> But
> 	I am not able to see the insn clock or hardware performance. How can I
> view these?

You could view the instruction clock by monitoring pin events on the
cpu's step! pin, but why would you want to do this?  It would just
slow the simulation down.

> 	 How can I port SID to a different processor?

You need to write a CPU component, modelled on the other CPU
components in sid/component/cpu.  You may wish to use CGEN to ease the
workload.

> And	Is SID right tool for CPU simulation?

Absolutely!

Ben