Some basic doubts : How can I port SID to a different processor?

I am new to this SID. I got the code and configured for arm processor.
It is able to work on hello.c program.It is working fine.

But
	I am not able to see the insn clock or hardware performance. How can I
view these?

	 How can I port SID to a different processor?

And	Is SID right tool for CPU simulation?

Thanking you,
Ashwani.