This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the SID project.
Re: Fw: [ECOS] how to build an eCos library for ARM7tdmi simulator
- From: "T Satish Kumar" <satish at td dot idc dot lsi dot sanyo dot co dot jp>
- To: "Keith Seitz" <keiths at redhat dot com>
- Cc: <sid at sources dot redhat dot com>
- Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2002 08:37:39 -0700
- Subject: Re: Fw: [ECOS] how to build an eCos library for ARM7tdmi simulator
- References: <Pine.LNX.email@example.com>
well, No, even after running
1. arm-elf-sid --board=pid7t-normalmap --gdb=2000 -EL &
2.arm-elf-gdb -nw twothreads.x
3. target remote localhost:2000
i get a message displaying:
localhost:2000 Attempt to connect timed out with out establishing a
well, incase i run arm-elf-sid with --tksm option , i get a stackdump (i.e
i m not able to proceed further after this in either cases..
someone plz help me at the earliest..
----- Original Message -----
From: "Keith Seitz" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
To: "T Satish Kumar" <email@example.com>
Sent: Wednesday, September 18, 2002 9:15 AM
Subject: Re: Fw: [ECOS] how to build an eCos library for ARM7tdmi simulator
> On Wed, 18 Sep 2002, T Satish Kumar wrote:
> > > I did the changes manually as per ur mail. and later when i
> > to
> > > run arm-elf-gdb twothreads.x i get the following error:
> > > localhost:2000 Attempt toconnect timed out with out establishing a
> > > connection.
> > > GDB cannot connect to the target board using localhost:2000.
> > > verify that the board is securly connected and, if necessary,
> > > modify the port setting with debugger preferences.
> Ok, I have to admit, I'm a little behind on this discussion (which I
> missed entirely). Correct me if I've gotten something wrong: you had some
> sort of problem with insight, Frank got you started, and now you cannot
> connect to your target using Insight, right?
> So let's start with the simplest test... Can you run "arm-elf-gdb -nw"
> (which will disable insight and run comman-line gdb) and try connecting to
> your target?