re: best options for a wide bus?

hi paul.

   I am looking at getting SID to simulate a bus architecture with busses
   wider than 32 bits, ideally busses that are a little over 64 bits wide
   (256 bit would be nice, but I can hide this within components).  From

when you say "256 bit" in reference to the bus architecture, do you mean
reading/writing that many bits as a single transaction, or truly as an
address?

i currently am having a similar problem where i need to handle 33 bit
addresses, but i am not worried about the size of the data accessed.  the
way i can to solve my problem is to extend the sidbusutil templace class
to also parameterise the address.  that should have the effect of not
affecting any other port, as it should only instantiate a host_int_4
version anyway, not a host_int_8 version, i believe.

.mrg.