Re: moving rhug packages into Red Hat Linux?

Nicholas Wourms wrote:
> What ever happened to those rhug packages that showed up on rawhide
> for awhile during April-June?  Also, what's the story with the
> gcc-ssa that was in rawhide (I assume in conjunction with the rhug
> packages)?  I assume these packages are still being worked on
> internally, so any chance that they could be posted on
> people.redhat.com?

Now _that_ is a good idea.  All those packages (except gcc-ssa) were
mine, repackaged RHUG packages which I've been working on internally.
I hadn't wanted them in rawhide because there are still a few big
issues with them -- my past experience has been that putting such
packages in rawhide results in a flood of 'Warg, package $foo doesn't
work on my box, Red Hat sux!!!!!' messages that waste a lot of time.
(Subscribe to rhl-beta-list@redhat.com and you'll get the message!)
But a low-publicity release on people.redhat.com might be just the
ticket.  I'll let you know how I get on.

> Also, why were the gcj Sun compatibility wrappers axed from severn?
> I can't speak for everyone, but I found them quite useful.  They
> also seemed to be a very low-maintenance package.

What, you mean gcj-jdk or whatever it was called?  There were issues
with it that nobody had the time or inclination to resolve, so they
were dropped.

Cheers,
Gary

[ gbenson@redhat.com ][ GnuPG 85A8F78B ][ http://inauspicious.org/ ]