Re: rhug/commons-beanutils ChangeLog configure con ...

Gary> Aha.  By the way, why do the gcc folks recommend doing that?

gcc has historically had bugs building in place.  Partly that's
because gcc has to do weird things no other package does.

I've gotten into the habit of doing it because I can delete the build
tree with a simple `rm -rf'.  Also, I have a script I use to automate
most builds, and it works this way, so I notice when it stops working.

Tom