Re: java/4352: jc1 gets confused looking for array of local class

per@bothner.com writes:

> While building Tomcat (using Anthony Green's rhug packaging), jc1
> complains incorrectly

I can't reproduce this particular problem.

> class_type that is:
>
>  <pointer_type 0x4031fdec org.apache.tomcat.util.xml.XmlMapper$Rule[] VOID
>     align 16 symtab 0 alias set -1>

I see this case being handled, although incorrectly, I agree.

> I think we should be consistent in that the name of a type is the
> source-lvele name not the signature, whether the class comes from
> .java or .class.

Yes. Using terminating []s is fine. But then I'd have to change some
other things. So, I suggest that you keep using your patch for the
time being (and other rhug-rhats should probably do so.) Meanwhile,
I'll work on a fix, it shouldn't take too long.

./A