Simple question.

I'm not sure if this is the right place for my question - so I apolgize in
advance if it not.

First some quick background. I am a college undergrad charged with porting a
linux app to the win32 platform. I chose this pthreads implementation to make
the task much easier. So far it's worked very well. My only question is how
people deal with console output. I have multiple threads using cout to print
things to the console, but the output is all jumbled up. If I try to link
with a thread safe version of the standard library on windows, I get all
sorts of linker errors. It seems like people must have had to work around
this before, but I haven't been able to find any information about it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Kyle Boon