RE: Bug report with source code attached

Sorry, I didn't actually see a thread main line routine in your
code. However, it does seem to be an out of resource type error,
such as stack, memory, thread id's, etc. I personally haven't
seen the actually released code base... I submitted the code
that had been used for the bulk of the implementation. I am
not personally active it the maintaining of the library...
I simply provide advice, etc. if it's called for.

So, one thing to check is to walk through when you return from
your thread routine to determine that the library does, indeed,
release ALL thread resources when the thread terminates (this
is what is supposed to happen when a detached thread terminates)

Secondly, since your threads are SO short, they could actually
run to completion BEFORE you actually call pthread_detach.
You might consider calling pthread_detach from within the actual
thread to avoid this situation. Some investigation is required
to determine what will happen on calling pthread_detach on
a thread that has actually terminated. I would surmise that since
the thread had finished, there is no chance for the library to
actually clean up it's resources; hence you are leaking all the
thread's resources (memory, and actual thread ids). Please try
moving the pthread_detach to inside your thread as in

	pthread_detach( pthread_self() );

Third, the library shouldn't be "crashing" when an out of resource
error occurs. Run the program from within the debugger and put a
break point in main. Use the Performance Monitor (Start... Programs...
Administrative Tools...) Select "Process" and find your process name.
Next add appropriate counters such as Private Bytes, etc. to monitor
your resource consumption.

I hope this helps,

John.