From:   Steve Croall [SMTP:SCroall@staffware.com]
Sent:   12 October 1999 16:24
To:     geoff.stevens@macro4.com
Subject:        HANDLE leak

The following small program shows the HANDLE count in "Performance Monitor",
for the executable when running, increasing at an alarming rate.  Is this
normal or am I not doing something to clear-up?  I am using the 1999-09-17
snap-shot on Windows NT 4, service pack 4.

#include <stdio.h>
#include <stdlib.h>
#include <conio.h>

#include "pthread.h"

void *thrd_func (void *i)
{
        Sleep (500);

        pthread_exit ((void *) 1);
}

int main (int argc, char **argv)
{
        int             i = 0;
        pthread_t       t_id;

        while (!_kbhit ())
        {
                Sleep (1000);
                pthread_create (&t_id, NULL, (void *) thrd_func, NULL);
        }

        Sleep (1000);
}

Regards,

        Steve Croall ( SCroall@staffware.com )

Chicago law prohibits eating in a place that is on fire.