RE: Snapshot 1999-08-12 available

To whom it may concern,

I have ported the proposed POSIX Read/Write Locks (e.g.
pthread_rwlock_init()) library to Windows NT.  These routines are almost
completely copied from Richard Steven's latest UNIX Network Programming
book.  The library is currently a UNIX98, X/Open standard and available on
HP-UX 11.0.  Also, according to Mr. Stevens, it should soon become a POSIX
standard on all UNIX platforms.  Almost all the software I develop has to
run on both Windows NT and UNIX.  Therefore, I would really like to see
these useful read/write mutex routines in the Pthreads-Win32 library.

P.S. I'm also working on porting the POSIX Message Queue (e.g. mq_open())
library to Windows NT.  When this is complete, I will send you the source
and header files if interested.

Attached is the source and header file for the POSIX Read/Write Locks.
 <<pthread_rwlock.c>>  <<pthread_rwlock.h>>

Thanks,
Aurelio Medina
Distributed Systems Management