This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the newlib project.
Re: [PATCH Newlib]Dont inline std when optimizing for size
- From: pinskia at gmail dot com
- To: "bin.cheng" <bin dot cheng at arm dot com>
- Cc: "<newlib at sourceware dot org>" <newlib at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2013 00:15:20 -0800
- Subject: Re: [PATCH Newlib]Dont inline std when optimizing for size
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <001501cef70e$59d83ef0$0d88bcd0$ at arm dot com>
> On Dec 11, 2013, at 11:47 PM, "bin.cheng" <email@example.com> wrote:
> This is just a pickup in newlib. It specifies _NOINLINE_STATIC for std
> since some version (4_8) GCC may inline this function even when we are
> compiling for Os.
> This is mainly a gcc problem and I have filed
> http://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=59479 for GCC.
> Meanwhile, I think this is also wanted in Newlib, is it OK?
Is it a size win on other targets like MIPS or PowerPC?
> 2013-12-12 Bin Cheng <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> * libc/stdio/findfp.c (std): Don't inline when optimizing
> for code size.