This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the newlib project.
Re: Bug compiling the C version of memset with gcc -O3
- From: Jeff Johnston <jjohnstn at redhat dot com>
- To: Alexander Holler <holler at ahsoftware dot de>
- Cc: newlib at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2013 13:58:50 -0500 (EST)
- Subject: Re: Bug compiling the C version of memset with gcc -O3
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <52A3DC07 dot 8030803 at ahsoftware dot de> <52A3FE4B dot 3060006 at ahsoftware dot de> <1059113874 dot 37390594 dot 1386633898471 dot JavaMail dot root at redhat dot com> <52A706F2 dot 8040208 at ahsoftware dot de>
Hi, yes, thanks for catching that :). I started it out on my laptop
and retyped it in on my desktop because I had to regenerate configure
and had an old level of autoconf on my laptop.
I have modified the patch and checked it in.
-- Jeff J.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Alexander Holler" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
To: "Jeff Johnston" <email@example.com>
Sent: Tuesday, December 10, 2013 7:20:02 AM
Subject: Re: Bug compiling the C version of memset with gcc -O3
Am 10.12.2013 01:04, schrieb Jeff Johnston:
> I have modified your patch to include the missing configuration stuff.
> I also moved things out of the user name space.
> Can you please try it out to verify I haven't missed anything?
Looks like a monday morning patch. ;)
The patch doesn't apply cleanly to the tarball of newlib 2.0 and
contained two errors.
First, local.h isn't included, second in local.h the following can be found:
Taken from glibc:
Add the compiler optimization to inhibit loop transformation to library
calls. This is used to avoid recursive calls in memset and memmove
I've fixed all that in the attached updated version of the patch.
Thanks for adding the configure stuff, I had lost the motivation to do
that myself because autoreconf insisted here on some version of autoconf
I haven't installed. ;)