This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the newlib project.
Re: Patch - Remove restrict from TRAD_SYNOPSIS
- From: Craig Howland <howland at LGSInnovations dot com>
- To: newlib at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2013 12:40:27 -0500
- Subject: Re: Patch - Remove restrict from TRAD_SYNOPSIS
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <5294B1A8 dot 6020905 at oarcorp dot com> <20131126150330 dot GR19584 at calimero dot vinschen dot de>
On 11/26/2013 10:03 AM, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
Fixing anything in the TRAD_SYNOPSIS sections is a waste of time, as they are
ignored by the documentation generation, which uses only the ANSI_SYNOPSIS
section. If anything is to be done, the TRAD_SYNOPSIS sections should be
removed to stop people from wasting time on them.
On Nov 26 08:35, Joel Sherrill wrote:
I was concerned that restrict might have accidentally slipped
into TRAD_SYNOPSIS sections of the documentation. I ran this
command to get the files to check. If this isn't the best idea,
let me know:
find . -name "*.c" | xargs -e grep -l __restrict | xargs -e grep -l
That produced a list of 30 files to check. I didn't spot any
with restrict in the traditional synopsis. But I did spot a
number of places where the prototype was over 80 columns.
The attached patch addresses that.
I compiled for sparc-rtems, build docs, and built RTEMS.
OK to commit?