This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the newlib project.
Re: Patch - Add restrict to time.h
- From: Joel Sherrill <joel dot sherrill at oarcorp dot com>
- To: "Howland Craig D (Craig)" <howland at LGSInnovations dot com>, "newlib at sourceware dot org" <newlib at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2013 10:45:57 -0600
- Subject: Re: Patch - Add restrict to time.h
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <52923B56 dot 8060408 at oarcorp dot com> <3862C5643B15B6468269546753EB2A92096B9C07 at BLTSXVS01 dot govsolutions dot com>
On 11/25/2013 10:41 AM, Howland Craig D (Craig) wrote:
> -----Original Message-----
>> From: email@example.com [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org]
> On Behalf Of Joel Sherrill
>> Sent: Sunday, November 24, 2013 12:46 PM
>> To: email@example.com
>> Subject: Patch - Add restrict to time.h
>> Please review this one a little closer than the others.
>> I hope this version is OK to commit but won't be surprised
>> if there are comments. I tried to review it carefully but...
>> * libc/time/strftime.c (strftime): Same.
> - size_t strftime(char *<[s]>, size_t <[maxsize]>,
> - const char *<[format]>, const struct tm
> + size_t strftime(char *restrict<[s]>, size_t <[maxsize]>,
> + const char *restrict<[format]>,
> + const struct tm *restrict<[timp]>);
> The strftime patch for the man page is missing spaces between restrict
> and the respective pointers, which will make it very hard to read.
So change "restrict<[s]>" to "restrict <[s]>"?
If that's the pattern, grep says iconv.c also needs fixing.
If you can confirm that, I will fix those instances.
Joel Sherrill, Ph.D. Director of Research & Development
joel.sherrill@OARcorp.com On-Line Applications Research
Ask me about RTEMS: a free RTOS Huntsville AL 35805
Support Available (256) 722-9985