This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the newlib project.
RE: Patch - Add restrict to time.h
- From: "Howland Craig D (Craig)" <howland at LGSInnovations dot com>
- To: <newlib at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2013 11:41:06 -0500
- Subject: RE: Patch - Add restrict to time.h
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <52923B56 dot 8060408 at oarcorp dot com>
>From: firstname.lastname@example.org [mailto:email@example.com]
On Behalf Of Joel Sherrill
>Sent: Sunday, November 24, 2013 12:46 PM
>Subject: Patch - Add restrict to time.h
>Please review this one a little closer than the others.
>I hope this version is OK to commit but won't be surprised
>if there are comments. I tried to review it carefully but...
> * libc/time/strftime.c (strftime): Same.
- size_t strftime(char *<[s]>, size_t <[maxsize]>,
- const char *<[format]>, const struct tm
+ size_t strftime(char *restrict<[s]>, size_t <[maxsize]>,
+ const char *restrict<[format]>,
+ const struct tm *restrict<[timp]>);
The strftime patch for the man page is missing spaces between restrict
and the respective pointers, which will make it very hard to read.