This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the newlib project.
Re: Patch - Add restrict to time.h
- From: Joel Sherrill <joel dot sherrill at oarcorp dot com>
- To: newlib at sourceware dot org
- Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2013 07:41:24 -0600
- Subject: Re: Patch - Add restrict to time.h
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <52923B56 dot 8060408 at oarcorp dot com> <20131125104657 dot GD19584 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <20131125112058 dot GB24932 at calimero dot vinschen dot de>
On 11/25/2013 5:20 AM, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> On Nov 25 11:46, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>> On Nov 24 11:45, Joel Sherrill wrote:
>>> This should be the next to the last patch in the Google Code-In
>>> add restrict keyword series. wchar.h should be the last.
>>> This patch has one oddity -- strftime and wcsftime are built
>>> from the same source as best I can tell. And there are multiple
>>> versions of them in the same file to support different build
>>> Please review this one a little closer than the others.
>> I did and it looks good to me. There are only two functions,
>> strftime and wcsftime, and two variations, with and without C99
>> extensions, to get either completeness or smaller codesize.
>> This does not affect the definition of the entry points.
>> Please apply.
> It looks like your patches miss a few restricts in the header
> files. I was just having another look and I found at least
> ctime_r im time.h and
Where do you see restrict on ctime_r()? It isn't in POSIX 2013.
> renameat in stdio.h. Yes, the latter is Cygwin-only, but that
> doesn't mean we should leave them out, does it? Would you mind to
> have another sweep at this to pick up the missed ones?
renameat() also does not have restrict in POSIX 2013.
I am happy to fix mistakes but these follow POSIX.
> Thanks, Corinna
Joel Sherrill, Ph.D. Director of Research & Development
joel.sherrill@OARcorp.com On-Line Applications Research
Ask me about RTEMS: a free RTOS Huntsville AL 35805
Support Available (256) 722-9985