This is the mail archive of the mailing list for the newlib project.

Re: Patch - Add pthread affinity for RTEMS

On Nov 22 13:20, Joel Sherrill wrote:
> On 11/22/2013 8:50 AM, Sebastian Huber wrote:
> > On 2013-11-22 15:30, Joel Sherrill wrote:
> >> Hi
> >>
> >> This patch follows up on the recent addition of the
> >> RTEMS specific cpuset.h and adds GNU/Linux style
> >> pthread affinity APIs to pthread.h.
> >>
> >> Sebastian.. we think the guards follow your recommendations.
> Jennifer thinks I grabbed the version before your recommendation.
> More below.
> [...]
> >> +#if defined(__USE_GNU) && defined(__rtems__)
> >
> > I would rather use
> >
> > #ifdef _GNU_SOURCE
> This is translated to "__USE_GNU" in <sys/cdefs.h> in the
> new version and the guard on specific code blocks is
> "__USE_GNU". I think this is what you and Corinna suggested.

We don't actually utilize _GNU_SOURCE or __USE_GNU in newlib so far,
except in libc/sys/linux.  We just don't have the detailed features.h in
place as glibc has.  What we really have is _POSIX_SOURCE and
__STRICT_ANSI__, and a teensy little bit of __XSI_VISIBLE, __POSIX_VISIBLE
and __BSD_VISIBLE.  The last three are only rarely used, and we
shouldn't start using them or others more often, unless we have the
matching feature test macros defined in features.h along the lines (but
not necessarily identical to) glibc.  IMHO.

Corinna Vinschen
Cygwin Maintainer
Red Hat