This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the newlib project.
Re: libc/sys/rdos has DOS format files
- From: "Leif Ekblad" <leif at rdos dot net>
- To: "Joel Sherrill" <joel dot sherrill at oarcorp dot com>, <newlib at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2013 18:30:23 +0100
- Subject: Re: libc/sys/rdos has DOS format files
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <528E1599 dot 3020700 at oarcorp dot com>
You can run dos2unix on them.
A general problem with the rdos target in newlib is that it is out-of-date
and no longer functional in newer releases of rdos.
I was about to update the rdos files half a year ago, but then run into a
few problems and lack of time. I did get most of the
changes in GCC done and commited.
A problem was with the multitasking interface, which was not well-done in
newlib for supporting targets with a native thread interface not compatible
with Posix threads. Has this been modified so it is possible to provide a
thread-safe library without special names for reentrant functions using
----- Original Message -----
From: "Joel Sherrill" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Sent: Thursday, November 21, 2013 3:15 PM
Subject: libc/sys/rdos has DOS format files
A lot of files in this directory have CR/LF line terminators.
Is this intentional or can I run dos2unix on them and commit
Joel Sherrill, Ph.D. Director of Research & Development
joel.sherrill@OARcorp.com On-Line Applications Research
Ask me about RTEMS: a free RTOS Huntsville AL 35805
Support Available (256) 722-9985