This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the newlib project.
Re: Patch - Add restrict to regex.h
- From: Joel Sherrill <joel dot sherrill at oarcorp dot com>
- To: Craig Howland <howland at LGSInnovations dot com>, "newlib at sourceware dot org" <newlib at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2013 10:25:37 -0600
- Subject: Re: Patch - Add restrict to regex.h
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <528CDBAA dot 1000005 at oarcorp dot com> <528CE0A0 dot 6030008 at LGSInnovations dot com>
On 11/20/2013 10:17 AM, Craig Howland wrote:
> On 11/20/2013 10:56 AM, Joel Sherrill wrote:
>> Another patch in the restrict series from Google Code-In
>> I am building sparc-rtems and "make info".
>> How does this look?2013-11-20 Chirayu Desai <email@example.com>
>> * libc/include/regex.h, libc/posix/regcomp.c,
>> libc/posix/regerror.c, libc/posix/regex.3
>> libc/posix/regexec.c: Add restrict keyword.
> The man page should be using "restrict" versus "__restrict". The latter is an
> internal thing to make it easier to leave out for ancient compilers. It does
> not seem right to confuse man page readers with the underscores.
OK. I updated our instructions to note this.
Committing with this change.
Joel Sherrill, Ph.D. Director of Research & Development
joel.sherrill@OARcorp.com On-Line Applications Research
Ask me about RTEMS: a free RTOS Huntsville AL 35805
Support Available (256) 722-9985