This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the newlib project.
Re: [PATCH] arm, provide ftruncate() and truncate() stubs.
- From: Marcus Shawcroft <marcus dot shawcroft at gmail dot com>
- To: Newlib Mailing List <newlib at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2013 09:18:53 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] arm, provide ftruncate() and truncate() stubs.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <52850739 dot 3030409 at arm dot com> <5289E0C8 dot 3050108 at arm dot com> <20131118121338 dot GF16206 at calimero dot vinschen dot de>
On 18 November 2013 12:13, Corinna Vinschen <email@example.com> wrote:
> On Nov 18 09:41, Richard Earnshaw wrote:
>> On 14/11/13 17:24, Marcus Shawcroft wrote:
>> > This one might be a tad contraversial...
>> But obviously not controversial enough to cause any responses.
> I'm not fluent in ARM stuff and people enjoying their weekends exist...
> Having said that, what exactly here is supposed to be controversial?
Since the stub introduced always fails, the change has the effect of
moving the detection of ftruncate() functionality from compile time to
runtime for all users.