This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the newlib project.
ARM Multilib libc - make install only copies the default libc.a file to the toolchain directory.
- From: James Walmsley <james at fullfat-fs dot co dot uk>
- To: "newlib at sourceware dot org" <newlib at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2013 10:38:03 +0000
- Subject: ARM Multilib libc - make install only copies the default libc.a file to the toolchain directory.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
I've been creating a new toolchain based on newlib for my embedded operating system bitthunder (github.com/jameswalmsley/bitthunder/), and so far I've had lots of success.
One of my colleagues asked if I can generate a toolchain with support for armv7-a with neon and hard float support.
I have managed to sucessfully compile my toolchain and newlib, but when linking to libc I get errors.
After some analysis of the problem, I noticed that it was always linking to the default libc.a file (arm-eabi-bt/libc.a).
I then noticed that the my toolchain only contained a single libc.a file, yet the build directory contained many libc.a files for
each multilib variant.
I copied the libc.a files into the correct locations in my toolchain and I can now successfully compile and link.
Is there a problem with the default make install, or is there some kind of make install-multilibs?
I am using the newlib-2.0.0 release.
Many thanks in advance,