This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the newlib project.
Re: sparc64 newlib error
- From: Jeff Johnston <jjohnstn at redhat dot com>
- To: newlib at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 03 Oct 2013 18:58:45 -0400
- Subject: Re: sparc64 newlib error
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <loom dot 20131003T191149-215 at post dot gmane dot org>
On 10/03/2013 01:14 PM, eezstreet wrote:
I'm getting an error with building newlib 1.20.0 for use with a sparc64
toolchain. The error follows:
1.20.0/newlib/libc/sys/sparc64/stat.S:6:36: error: macro "defsyscall_r"
passed 3 arguments, but takes just 2
This is an ancient port (last code change in ChangeLog 1998) and I have
no idea if it still works. I would suggest try removing the REENT
section of the stat.S code and trying it out. The defsyscall_r macro
indeed only should take 2 arguments. You could also try removing the
extraneous argument, but I have no idea what someone intended to do at
the time and other than template.S, the other .S files aren't using it.
-- Jeff J.