This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the newlib project.
__DYNAMIC_REENT__ part of external API?
- From: "Jonathan S. Shapiro" <shap at eros-os dot org>
- To: "newlib at sourceware dot org" <newlib at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2013 20:43:28 -0700
- Subject: __DYNAMIC_REENT__ part of external API?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
If I build a version of newlib with __DYNAMIC_REENT__ defined at the
time of build, does __DYNAMIC_REENT__ also need to be defined when
client code (i.e. code that calls newlib) is compiled?
The only use (consumption) of __DYNAMIC_REENT__ that I see in the
newlib headers is in libc/include/sys/reent.h, where it wraps an
extern declaration of __getreent(). Offhand, I don't think that entry
point needs to be generally available to clients.