This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the newlib project.
Re: [PATCH] Provide posix_spawn implementation
- From: Petr Hosek <phosek at chromium dot org>
- To: newlib at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2013 14:57:21 -0700
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Provide posix_spawn implementation
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CABOUYF5rq6b1ix2Q4wEUXqM7DhE+DbjS_VLF0iDRA8tsae-SDg at mail dot gmail dot com> <20130917032821 dot GA1249 at ednor dot casa dot cgf dot cx>
Ping; did any of the newlib maintainers had a time to look at the patch?
On 16 September 2013 20:28, Christopher Faylor
> On Mon, Sep 16, 2013 at 01:07:21PM -0700, Petr Hosek wrote:
>>I have ported over posix_spawn implementation from FreeBSD to newlib.
>>It implements posix_spawn interface in terms of existing POSIX
>>interfaces, in particular vfork and exec.
>>This should make it easier to port existing code which uses
>>posix_spawn, which is already supported by glibc as well as all BSD
>>variants. In the longer term, posix_spawn could be also interesting to
>>Cygwin as the interface is more akin to CreateProcess provided by
>>Windows so the applications using posix_spawn instead of fork/vfork
>>would get performance improvement compared to the current fork
> Interesting stuff. I think Cygwin might like this if it's accepted.