This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the newlib project.
Re: [PATCH] __compar_fn_t
- From: Corinna Vinschen <vinschen at redhat dot com>
- To: newlib at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2013 11:21:07 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] __compar_fn_t
- References: <5203DC7A dot 3040909 at users dot sourceforge dot net>
- Reply-to: newlib at sourceware dot org
On Aug 8 12:59, Yaakov (Cygwin/X) wrote:
> The attached patch uses the __compar_fn_t typedef for the function
> pointer types of bsearch, qsort, tsearch and friends, as in glibc.
> This fixes the build of gedit-code-assistance on Cygwin.
> 2013-08-08 Yaakov Selkowitz <yselkowitz@...>
> * libc/include/search.h (__compar_fn_t): Add typedef.
> (tdelete, tfind, tsearch): Use it.
> * libc/include/stdlib.h (__compar_fn_t): Add typedef.
> (bsearch, qsort): Use it.
The patch is ok, but I'm wondering if this shouldn't be brought to the
attention of the upstream maintainers. __compar_fn_t is not backed by
the standards, nor is it available on the BSDs. Did they plan to run
this tool only on Linux?