This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the newlib project.
Re: [Patch, microblaze]: Add a small Linux BSP
- From: Michael Eager <eager at eagerm dot com>
- To: "Edgar E. Iglesias" <edgar dot iglesias at xilinx dot com>
- Cc: David Holsgrove <dholsgrove at xilinx dot com>, "newlib at sourceware dot org" <newlib at sourceware dot org>, "vinschen at redhat dot com" <vinschen at redhat dot com>, Edgar Iglesias <edgari at xilinx dot com>
- Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2013 20:16:51 -0700
- Subject: Re: [Patch, microblaze]: Add a small Linux BSP
- References: <43b50ab7-1dbd-46cb-aecb-dfeae1468096 at CO1EHSMHS020 dot ehs dot local> <20130723071043 dot GB9715 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <CAM=EW8bSJcxmPj6tSY=z2boUfFMxxZObDTRVaZnJEG7w0rLZVQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <20130723091125 dot GE9689 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <51F1D435 dot 4090406 at eagerm dot com> <9A6AC1C7F3D8BE4087EF9E18D31945D9076B5492 at XAP-PVEXMBX01 dot xlnx dot xilinx dot com> <c05da2c6-75ac-4603-aedd-2a55c37b6636 at CO1EHSMHS001 dot ehs dot local>
On 07/25/13 19:43, Edgar E. Iglesias wrote:
On Fri, Jul 26, 2013 at 04:10:51AM +0200, David Holsgrove wrote:
From: Michael Eager [mailto:email@example.com]
Sent: Friday, 26 July 2013 11:43 am
To: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; David Holsgrove
Subject: Re: [Patch, microblaze]: Add a small Linux BSP
On 07/23/13 02:11, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
On Jul 23 17:16, David Holsgrove wrote:
On 23 July 2013 17:10, Corinna Vinschen <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
On Jul 23 16:25, David Holsgrove wrote:
From: "David Holsgrove" <...>
2013-07-23 Edgar E. Iglesias <...>
* microblaze/Makefile.in: Add LINUX_BSP.
* microblaze/elf-gloss-linux.ld: New file.
* microblaze/elf-gloss-linux.specs: Likewise.
* microblaze/linux-crt0.S: Likewise.
* microblaze/linux-inbyte.c: Likewise.
* microblaze/linux-outbyte.c: Likewise.
* microblaze/linux-syscalls-wrap.c: Likewise.
* microblaze/linux-syscalls.S: Likewise.
* microblaze/linux-syscalls.h: Likewise.
I don't have write perms on newlib - can I request them, or can you
apply the patch for me?
This patch breaks breaks existing mb-gcc compilations.
Please revert the patch until it can be fixed.
Can you provide details regarding the breakage?
This should be a separate library and not linked in by default - what sort
of compilation errors are you seeing?
Reverting the patch breaks running the GCC + binutils testsuites on QEMU-user
which has proven to be an extremly valuable test environment for non linux
targets. It also doesn't break Xilinx internal testing environment on real HW.
I don't know how you test, but if you can post instructions, we will be happy
to help with fixing the issues you are seeing.
You can't break builds in FSF-gcc, simply because it doesn't break your internal
Here is a sample test:
mb-gcc testsuite/gcc.c-torture/execute/strcpy-1.c -fno-diagnostics-show-caret
-fdiagnostics-color=never -w -O3 -fomit-frame-pointer -mno-xl-soft-mul
-mxl-barrel-shift -mcpu=v6.00.a -Wl,-defsym -Wl,_HEAP_SIZE=0x1000000 -Wl,-defsym
-Wl,_STACK_SIZE=0x80000 -L microblaze_0/lib -lxil
-TLinkScr.ld -lm -o strcpy-1.x3
LinkScr.ld and libxil are from either EDK9.2i or EDK-14.2.
I don't have the failure log at the moment.
Michael Eager email@example.com
1960 Park Blvd., Palo Alto, CA 94306 650-325-8077