This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the newlib project.
Re: Patch: Add __restrict to string.h
- From: Joel Sherrill <Joel dot Sherrill at OARcorp dot com>
- To: Eric Blake <eblake at redhat dot com>
- Cc: "newlib at sourceware dot org" <newlib at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2013 17:42:00 -0500
- Subject: Re: Patch: Add __restrict to string.h
I was leaning that way but waffled. Anyone else want restrict in the docs?
Eric Blake <email@example.com> wrote:
On 07/18/2013 11:46 AM, Joel Sherrill wrote:
> Attached is the first attempt at a patch to add __restrict
> to prototypes per Single UNIX Specification V4.
> Question: Prototypes in the documentation say __restrict.
> Is this OK?
I'd prefer to see plain 'restrict' in the docs - that is, write the docs
assuming the user has a compliant compiler.
Eric Blake eblake redhat com +1-919-301-3266
Libvirt virtualization library http://libvirt.org