This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the newlib project.
Re: Proper Conditionals for POSIX CX and XSI
- From: "Yaakov (Cygwin/X)" <yselkowitz at users dot sourceforge dot net>
- To: newlib at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2013 23:15:40 -0500
- Subject: Re: Proper Conditionals for POSIX CX and XSI
- References: <51E6FFD2 dot 3030000 at oarcorp dot com>
On 2013-07-17 15:34, Joel Sherrill wrote:
While this was still fresh, I wanted to ask what was the
proper conditional for methods marked as CX or XSI
in the POSIX standard.
This is what is done in glibc:
In short, <features.h> recognizes _*_SOURCE macros, which it uses to set
various __USE_* private macros which are used throughout the headers as
conditionals to control which APIs are made available.
Having this done *properly* in the Newlib/Cygwin headers would be a big
step to fixing a lot of compiling incompatibilities with glibc. It is
also a very tedious task, although it may not have to be done all at once.