Re: [patch] fix configure for powerpc altivec and spe

Jeff wrote:
> Why have you removed vec_callocr.o and vec_reallocr.o from the list of
> extra_objects for altivec?
>
> Other than that, the patch looks fine.

I removed those objects from the list because they didn't build and I
had not noticed that there is indeed support for them in vec_mallocr.c.
Now I see that the rules in Makefile.in for building those two objects
are quite different from the rules for building the other objects; where
are those rules generated, and how would I tweak that for objects that
have different base names from the source file?

Janis Johnson
CodeSourcery / Mentor Graphics