This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the newlib project.
Re: [PATCH] Add rawmemchr
- From: Corinna Vinschen <vinschen at redhat dot com>
- To: newlib at sourceware dot org
- Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2013 11:42:46 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Add rawmemchr
- References: <51C7D08E dot 5090706 at users dot sourceforge dot net>
- Reply-to: newlib at sourceware dot org
On Jun 23 23:52, Yaakov (Cygwin/X) wrote:
> Code is based on memchr.c; patch for newlib attached.
In how far is rawmemchr different from strchr? Why don't we just alias
rawmemchr to strchr? Our strchr also uses an optimized search
algorithm, so, as far as I'm concerned, there's no reason to duplicate
this functionality. Am I missing something?