This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the newlib project.
Re: newlib sw architecture vision on bare-metal
- From: Riccardo Manfrin <riccardomanfrin at gmail dot com>
- To: Rob Savoye <rob dot savoye at linaro dot org>
- Cc: newlib at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2013 23:38:58 +0200
- Subject: Re: newlib sw architecture vision on bare-metal
- References: <51B58A0F dot 3090006 at gmail dot com> <51B5E893 dot 90503 at linaro dot org>
On 06/10/2013 04:54 PM, Rob Savoye wrote:
I assumed that the BSP would deal with what was other than the CPU, and
that the above functions would relate more to the HAL area..
Usually these functions exist in the Board Support Package (BSP),
which for Newlib is 'libgloss'. That should be in the same source tree.
Someplace on the net there is a doc on porting libgloss, but there are
plenty of existing code examples as well.
In any case I'm happy to have a starting point (libgloss) to look at.