This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the newlib project.
Re: newlib sw architecture vision on bare-metal
- From: Rob Savoye <rob dot savoye at linaro dot org>
- To: Riccardo Manfrin <riccardomanfrin at gmail dot com>
- Cc: newlib at sourceware dot org
- Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2013 08:54:11 -0600
- Subject: Re: newlib sw architecture vision on bare-metal
- References: <51B58A0F dot 3090006 at gmail dot com>
On 06/10/2013 02:10 AM, Riccardo Manfrin wrote:
> I'd like to call myself a newlib newbie, although I've been relying on
> newlib for some time now already. Anyhow, after having googled around
> for undefined references to _exit, _kill, _getpid and _sbrk and having
> found the most bizarre answers to these kind of issues, I realized
> that I'm probably not understanding very well the software
> architecture that newlib is supposed to be framed within.
Usually these functions exist in the Board Support Package (BSP),
which for Newlib is 'libgloss'. That should be in the same source tree.
Someplace on the net there is a doc on porting libgloss, but there are
plenty of existing code examples as well.
- rob -