This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the newlib project.
Re: [PATCH] ARM: Use local labels in strcmp.S
- From: Ye Joey <joey dot ye dot cc at gmail dot com>
- To: newlib at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2013 11:56:07 +0800
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] ARM: Use local labels in strcmp.S
- References: <000401ce60c8$4bf387e0$e3da97a0$ at arm dot com> <20130604082216 dot GB28282 at calimero dot vinschen dot de>
Corinna, Please help me apply as I don't have write permission.
On Tue, Jun 4, 2013 at 4:22 PM, Corinna Vinschen <email@example.com> wrote:
> On Jun 4 10:07, Joey Ye wrote:
>> strcmp.S defines lots of labels not starting with .L, like
>> Comparing to preferred style of starting local labels with .L, these labels
>> has two issues:
>> 1. Forcing assembler to use 32bit encoding for branches to these labels,
>> because of http://sourceware.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=12532 . This might
>> be a GAS bug as it shouldn't treat them as global symbols if not declared
>> with .global.
>> 2. Adding unnecessary symbols in symbol table of target object and binary
>> This patch fixes it. Size of strcmp is reduced from 584 to 540 for thumb2.
>> No performance change observed.
>> OK to trunk?
> Sure, please apply.
> Corinna Vinschen
> Cygwin Maintainer
> Red Hat