This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the newlib project.
Re: [PATCH] ARM: Use local labels in strcmp.S
- From: Corinna Vinschen <vinschen at redhat dot com>
- To: newlib at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2013 10:22:16 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] ARM: Use local labels in strcmp.S
- References: <000401ce60c8$4bf387e0$e3da97a0$ at arm dot com>
- Reply-to: newlib at sourceware dot org
On Jun 4 10:07, Joey Ye wrote:
> strcmp.S defines lots of labels not starting with .L, like
> Comparing to preferred style of starting local labels with .L, these labels
> has two issues:
> 1. Forcing assembler to use 32bit encoding for branches to these labels,
> because of http://sourceware.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=12532 . This might
> be a GAS bug as it shouldn't treat them as global symbols if not declared
> with .global.
> 2. Adding unnecessary symbols in symbol table of target object and binary
> This patch fixes it. Size of strcmp is reduced from 584 to 540 for thumb2.
> No performance change observed.
> OK to trunk?
Sure, please apply.