This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the newlib project.
Re: [PATCH] New configuration option for lite exit
- From: Corinna Vinschen <vinschen at redhat dot com>
- To: newlib at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 28 May 2013 12:28:16 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] New configuration option for lite exit
- References: <000001ce3b52$4646b880$d2d42980$ at arm dot com> <517BB415 dot 2080601 at embedded-brains dot de> <CAL0py27CtHj=h3tmr8W+CdnpM-zcF0GPbQxWeNJayYyqcB2REg at mail dot gmail dot com>
- Reply-to: newlib at sourceware dot org
On May 28 18:12, Ye Joey wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 27, 2013 at 7:18 PM, Sebastian Huber
> <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> > Hello,
> > why can't you use _exit() or _Exit()?
> > http://pubs.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/009695399/functions/exit.html
> Sebastian, Corinna,
> This patch makes calls to expensive clean up functions as weak
> reference, so one can still keep original functionality by explicitly
> pull-in symbols. Comparing to simply skipping them to _exit or _Exit,
> this approach is more flexible and testing friendly. In another word,
> user can still get a full functional libc even if it is built with
> Please let me know if you still have concerns.
I don't know. I guess I defer the decision to Jeff.