This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the newlib project.
Re: [PATCH] New configuration option for lite exit
- From: Ye Joey <joey dot ye dot cc at gmail dot com>
- To: Sebastian Huber <sebastian dot huber at embedded-brains dot de>
- Cc: newlib at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 28 May 2013 18:12:26 +0800
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] New configuration option for lite exit
- References: <000001ce3b52$4646b880$d2d42980$ at arm dot com> <517BB415 dot 2080601 at embedded-brains dot de>
On Sat, Apr 27, 2013 at 7:18 PM, Sebastian Huber
> why can't you use _exit() or _Exit()?
This patch makes calls to expensive clean up functions as weak
reference, so one can still keep original functionality by explicitly
pull-in symbols. Comparing to simply skipping them to _exit or _Exit,
this approach is more flexible and testing friendly. In another word,
user can still get a full functional libc even if it is built with
Please let me know if you still have concerns.
- Joey Ye