This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the newlib project.
Re: Question: machine/powerpc/times.c
- From: Jeff Johnston <jjohnstn at redhat dot com>
- To: newlib at sourceware dot org
- Cc: Aldy Hernandez <aldyh at redhat dot com>
- Date: Thu, 23 May 2013 16:33:31 -0400
- Subject: Re: Question: machine/powerpc/times.c
- References: <519E2142 dot 3050602 at oarcorp dot com>
On 05/23/2013 10:01 AM, Joel Sherrill wrote:
The file machine/powerpc/times.c does not appear to
be machine specific but more of a system dependent file.
We don't want to use it on RTEMS.
Any idea why it is there? What uses it?
Removing it is one option but if it is really used, then we would be
breaking something else.
I can't see any history except that Jeff added it, then renamed it. :)
Should it be disabled for RTEMS, moved somewhere more appropriate,
Aldy added the function before I renamed it. I have cc'd him here. I
would imagine he did so to support running a gcc test-suite and so it
should not be removed, but I'll let him pipe in.
-- Jeff J.