This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the newlib project.
Re: Problem with building PDFs
- From: Freddie Chopin <freddie_chopin at op dot pl>
- To: newlib at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 01 May 2013 22:40:22 +0200
- Subject: Re: Problem with building PDFs
- References: <50FB02B2 dot 9070304 at op dot pl> <50FBAF51 dot 501 at op dot pl> <50FBDA23 dot 1040106 at op dot pl> <50FC4D5B dot 3030900 at oarcorp dot com> <50FC5DEF dot 4030704 at op dot pl> <50FFB08E dot 3090805 at op dot pl> <5100142F dot 9040603 at oarcorp dot com> <510037E2 dot 3050702 at op dot pl> <51003B76 dot 6080702 at oarcorp dot com> <51004245 dot 3030503 at op dot pl> <51004453 dot 4020503 at oarcorp dot com> <517D5719 dot 8020105 at op dot pl> <517EE8C4 dot 7070202 at redhat dot com> <517F64DA dot 2060604 at op dot pl> <518176B1 dot 9050405 at redhat dot com>
W dniu 2013-05-01 22:10, Jeff Johnston pisze:
Ok, let's go back a few steps.
I am able to build the pdf and info targets fine.
I am using Fedora 17 with the following packages:
Can you please post to the texinfo mailing list to see if they have made
any recent changes they think would cause the issue you are seeing?
If there is something we are doing wrong, we can certainly look at
altering the newlib/doc/doc.str file (e.g. removing the @* at the end of
-- Jeff J.
Well, I'm certain that recent release of texinfo 5 caused many trouble
to various opensource projects like GCC, binutils etc.:
This matter is "fresh" - patches for these projects are 1-2 months old,
there aren't probably many distros that use texlive 5 right now...
The strange thing is that I started to have problems with newlib pdfs
before release of texinfo 5 /; So the problem with html (and info) is
definitely related to texinfo 5, but the problem with PDF - ? ...
Currently I have (in Arch x64):
As for the problems with PDF - I consider that this may be my fault,
problem of my system or sth else - but something completely not related
to newlib itself.
This particular issue (pdf) is probably not related to texinfo at all,
as when I started having these problems I still had 4.13a - just a
different package/build than when it was working for me, but still
4.13a. This is probably not related to texlive too, as it was (and still
is) version 2012...
Could you please send me one of generated .def files for one of 5
problematic files - like sscanf.def? I'd like to check whether I'm
getting identical result as you (if that's possible).