This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the newlib project.
Re: Problem with building PDFs
- From: Jeff Johnston <jjohnstn at redhat dot com>
- To: newlib at sourceware dot org
- Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2013 17:40:20 -0400
- Subject: Re: Problem with building PDFs
- References: <50FB02B2 dot 9070304 at op dot pl> <50FBAF51 dot 501 at op dot pl> <50FBDA23 dot 1040106 at op dot pl> <50FC4D5B dot 3030900 at oarcorp dot com> <50FC5DEF dot 4030704 at op dot pl> <50FFB08E dot 3090805 at op dot pl> <5100142F dot 9040603 at oarcorp dot com> <510037E2 dot 3050702 at op dot pl> <51003B76 dot 6080702 at oarcorp dot com> <51004245 dot 3030503 at op dot pl> <51004453 dot 4020503 at oarcorp dot com> <517D5719 dot 8020105 at op dot pl>
Looking briefly at swscanf.c, can the o+ and o- not be changed to O+ and
O- respectively as is done further on in the RETURNS section? I imagine
you didn't see an error there or would have changed them as well.
-- Jeff J.
On 04/28/2013 01:06 PM, Freddie Chopin wrote:
A small info for future generations (and myself if I forget). The
problem I had is found in 5 places where exactly this sequence is present:
(there may be multiple blank lines between "o-" and "RETURNS")
I don't know what the right solution is, but I found that putting a dot
in between these two solves the issue for me, so sth like this works:
The dot is not visible in the PDF file (it's not there), so it changes
I believe that this may have sth to do with texinfo 5 - to do my tests I
had to do "make info pdf" and it fails (with multiple errors), but
eventually it creates .def files needed for make pdf. Many projects
(gcc, binutils) had many problems with recent upgrade to texinfo 5...
Actually there's one thing I had to fix in newlib for the rest of
process to work - I'll send that in another message.
I attach a patch with the "fixes", but it's just for reference - I don't
think it's the right solution.