This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the newlib project.
Re: [PATCH] Reduce code size of _REENT_INIT_PTR()
- From: "Yaakov (Cygwin/X)" <yselkowitz at users dot sourceforge dot net>
- To: newlib at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2013 14:42:24 -0500
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Reduce code size of _REENT_INIT_PTR()
- References: <1366965833-13948-1-git-send-email-sebastian dot huber at embedded-brains dot de>
On 2013-04-26 03:43, Sebastian Huber wrote:
Use one memset() to initialize everything to zero. Set non-zero fields
in a second step. There is only a small runtime overhead, but the code
size is greatly reduced. This change assumes the NULL pointer and '\0'
are encoded as zero bits.
This sounds like a candidate for PREFER_SIZE_OVER_SPEED, but AFAICS that
would mean moving that definition out of configure.host and into