This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the newlib project.
Re: RFC/RFA: strtod() magnitude problem
- From: Corinna Vinschen <vinschen at redhat dot com>
- To: newlib at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2013 10:13:28 +0200
- Subject: Re: RFC/RFA: strtod() magnitude problem
- References: <87vc7d3a4g dot fsf at redhat dot com> <20130423120946 dot GB26397 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <5178D8E6 dot 6090708 at st dot com>
- Reply-to: newlib at sourceware dot org
On Apr 25 09:19, Christian Bruel wrote:
> On 04/23/2013 02:09 PM, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> > Can you try if the below patch fixes the issue? It's just a manual
> > update of strtod (or rather _strtod_r) to the latest implementation
> > from NetBSD. There were a few changes which might explain your problem
> > as well as the one encountered by Christian Bruel.
> > Christian, can you please try this patch in your scenario, too?
> Hello Corinna,
> yes, my -m4-single-only tests are OK with your patch.
> I just had to guard dword1 that is undef for DOUBLE_IS_32BITS, (see
> bellow and stdlib/mprec.h), fixing a "error: lvalue required as left
> operand of assignment" compilation error
This has been fixed by Nick already, so the code in CVS should do the
right thing. Thanks for testing and your feedback.