This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the newlib project.
Re: Path to fix MIPS build problem
- From: Corinna Vinschen <vinschen at redhat dot com>
- To: newlib at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2013 11:14:30 +0200
- Subject: Re: Path to fix MIPS build problem
- References: <2132ef80-ff52-461e-8013-f7cae240b258 at BAMAIL02 dot ba dot imgtec dot org> <20130418072422 dot GD25188 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <1366308490 dot 29344 dot 93 dot camel at ubuntu-sellcey>
- Reply-to: newlib at sourceware dot org
On Apr 18 11:08, Steve Ellcey wrote:
> On Thu, 2013-04-18 at 09:24 +0200, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> > On Apr 17 13:34, Steve Ellcey wrote:
> > In theory, yes. I'm just a bit puzzled. intptr_t and uintptr_t are
> > defined in stdint.h, too. Wouldn't it make sense to remove their
> > definitions now in cfe_api.h as well?
> > Thanks,
> > Corinna
> Yes, it would. I didn't do that in my first patch because I didn't see
> any warnings about them. I think I didn't get any warning because the
> typedefs in cfe_api.h show up before the typedefs in stdint.h and I
> believe GCC suppresses warnings in system header files. I took out the
> definitions of intptr_t and uintptr_t and also the includes that were
> only there to define the values used for int64_t, uint64_t, intptr_t,
> and uintptr_t and everything still builds.
> Steve Ellcey
> Here is a new ChangeLog and diff:
> 2013-04-18 Steve Ellcey <email@example.com>
> * mips/cfe_api.h (int64_t): Remove define.
> (uint64_t): Remove define.
> (intptr_t): Remove define.
> (uintptr_t): Remove define.
> (sys/types.h): Remove include.
> (_ansi.h): Remove include.
Please go ahead.