This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the newlib project.
Re: <sys/cdefs.h> patch set overview
- From: Sebastian Huber <sebastian dot huber at embedded-brains dot de>
- To: newlib at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2013 09:41:19 +0200
- Subject: Re: <sys/cdefs.h> patch set overview
- References: <1366204592-27532-1-git-send-email-sebastian dot huber at embedded-brains dot de> <516EA1E6 dot 7060903 at embedded-brains dot de> <20130418072128 dot GC25188 at calimero dot vinschen dot de>
On 04/18/2013 09:21 AM, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
On Apr 17 15:21, Sebastian Huber wrote:
Joel Sherrill already posted something similar several months ago.
This patch series attempts to make a review easier.
The general objectives are explained here:
The main goal is to make it as easy as possible to use FreeBSD
sources along with Newlib. It is also possible to use a RTEMS
specific <sys/cdefs.h>, but I think the FreeBSD compatibility may be
of general interest for Newlib users.
Attached is a difference between the FreeBSD and Newlib
<sys/cdefs.h> after these patches.
I'm not sure I understand. The below patch is the diff between our
sys/cdefs.h and FreeBSD sys/cdefs.h after applying your patches?
Yes, exactly. The '-' lines show what is missing from FreeBSD and the '+'
lines show what Newlib has in addition to FreeBSD (seems to be stuff from glibc
Sebastian Huber, embedded brains GmbH
Address : Dornierstr. 4, D-82178 Puchheim, Germany
Phone : +49 89 189 47 41-16
Fax : +49 89 189 47 41-09
E-Mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
PGP : Public key available on request.
Diese Nachricht ist keine geschÃftliche Mitteilung im Sinne des EHUG.