This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the newlib project.
Re: Use of -fshort-enums for certain files
- From: Corinna Vinschen <vinschen at redhat dot com>
- To: newlib at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2013 13:39:27 +0200
- Subject: Re: Use of -fshort-enums for certain files
- References: <CACsVSN+8kamLEUmxw7yCmOo7yE1c9Rg4OcR5M=uVO0XxY-PKRg at mail dot gmail dot com>
- Reply-to: newlib at sourceware dot org
On Mar 31 00:53, Michael Bruck wrote:
> libc/stdio/Makefile.in uses "-fshort-enums" for several files.
> This causes problems with ARM targets that have this option disabled
> by default. On ARM the enum format is stored as flag in the elf file
> and the linker notes the discrepancy. So even if this hard-coded flag
> is purely internal in these library files and affects no external
> interfaces it still causes errors when linked with other objects.
Patches to make usage of this flag a configure option are welcome.