This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the newlib project.
Re: building GCC cross toolchain for mips
- From: Steve Ellcey <steve dot ellcey at imgtec dot com>
- To: Vania Joloboff <vania dot joloboff at inria dot fr>
- Cc: <newlib at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2013 08:10:21 -0700
- Subject: Re: building GCC cross toolchain for mips
- References: <514C2D74 dot 7000801 at inria dot fr>
On Fri, 2013-03-22 at 18:07 +0800, Vania Joloboff wrote:
> What happened ?
> Should we now use a different target ?
> The configure newlib we have
> "$SRC_DIR"/newlib-$V_NEWLIB/configure --host=$HOST --build=$BUILD \
> --target=mips-none-elf --prefix="$INSTALL_DIR" --disable-nls
> Then when compiling memcpy.S in newlib , I get:
> opcode not supported on this processor: mips1 (mips1) `pref
> but it seems the opcode is not found is because the assembler generated
> by binutils does not support pref !
> I also tried with target=mipsisa64r2
> Then I get
> memcpy.S:389: Error: Illegal operands `ld t4,((4)*8)($5)'
> Is it a binutils problem or a newlib problem?
> However it works with newlib 1.20....
Hi Vania, this looks like a problem with my new memcpy routine. The
first problem, with 'pref' can be fixed by applying this patch:
This may fix the target=mipsisa64r2 problem as well, but I am not
sure about that. I will have to look at that a bit more.