This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the newlib project.
Re: [PATCH] Disable thread cancellation support for RTEMS
- From: Corinna Vinschen <vinschen at redhat dot com>
- To: newlib at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2013 16:09:45 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Disable thread cancellation support for RTEMS
- References: <1363963621-14546-1-git-send-email-sebastian dot huber at embedded-brains dot de>
- Reply-to: newlib at sourceware dot org
On Mar 22 15:47, Sebastian Huber wrote:
> Use a define to manage the stdio thread cancellation support. Disable
> the thread cancellation support for RTEMS. In RTEMS the availability of
> POSIX threads is optional and depends on a configuration option. To
> support all RTEMS configurations we have to drop the thread cancellation
> support. A long term solution has to be developed in RTEMS to deal with
> this. Once this is done, we can enable the support in Newlib again.
Wouldn't it be much cleaner code-wise to override the pthread_setcancelstate
function with an RTEMS-specific dummy if cancellation is not supported?