This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the newlib project.
Re: Arm toolchain with gcc / newlib / VFP / hard float - can it be done?
- From: Joe Button <joe at joebutton dot co dot uk>
- To: Freddie Chopin <freddie_chopin at op dot pl>
- Cc: newlib at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2013 09:09:07 +0000
- Subject: Re: Arm toolchain with gcc / newlib / VFP / hard float - can it be done?
- References: <512A3CAB.email@example.com> <512A4E63.firstname.lastname@example.org> <512C7212.email@example.com> <512C74CC.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On 26/02/13 08:39, Freddie Chopin wrote:
In the build-toolchain.sh there's this line:Ok, I don't really know what I'm doing here, but I can see that
gcc/config/arm/arm-cores.def has this:
You'll need to add your arch to it (you may as well remove rest of
them if you don't need them). Then you should check how that
--with-multilib-list is implemented in GCC and add definition of your
arch where required - I think (but I'm not 100% sure) you'll only need
to provide multilib config for your arch in one of makefile fragments
ARM_CORE("arm1176jzf-s", arm1176jzfs, 6ZK, FL_LDSCHED | FL_VFPV2, 9e)
and gcc/config/arm/arm-arches.def has this:
ARM_ARCH("armv6zk", arm1176jzs, 6ZK, FL_CO_PROC | FL_FOR_ARCH6ZK)
Which leads me to think perhaps all I need to do is stick "armv6zk" in
my MULTILIB_LIST. Does that sound even slightly plausible?
By the way I'm still not sure how this is going to solve the problem of
newlib getting built without the hardfloat abi - my gcc can already
build with hardfloat, it's just newlib that doesn't seem to end up with it.