This is the mail archive of the mailing list for the newlib project.

Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]
Other format: [Raw text]

Re: Problem with building PDFs

On 01/23/2013 03:42 AM, Freddie Chopin wrote:
W dniu 2013-01-20 22:13, Freddie Chopin pisze:
W dniu 2013-01-20 21:02, Joel Sherrill pisze:
I didn't look into your log. But just to make sure
they built, I did this:

mkdir b-newlib-doc
cd b-newlib-doc
make pdf

And it built fine. This was on a machine Fedora 16 but
the texinfo RPM is this:
Hmm... I'm not sure I repeat the steps well...

If I do something similar and use the configure script at the top of
newlib (where folders like libgloss, newlib, texinfo are placed) I can
do the same as you, but this step does not generate the pdf's that cause
trouble - libc.pdf and libm.pdf - only the ones I can generate without
problem configure.pdf and standards.pdf. So it passes but it doesn't
check for the problem...

If I use the configure script that is under<top>/newlib (where doc,
iconvdata, libc, libm and testsuite folders are placed) I cannot run the
"make pdf" step as it fails within seconds with sth like this:

Makefile:1438: warning: overriding recipe for target `lib_a-mbtowc_r.o'
Makefile:788: warning: ignoring old recipe for target `lib_a-mbtowc_r.o'
../../doc/makedoc -f ../../../newlib/libc/stdlib/../../doc/doc.str<
../../../newlib/libc/stdlib/_Exit.c>  _Exit.def 2>  _Exit.ref
make[3]: *** [_Exit.def] Error 127
So either your test did not test for problematic files (libc.pdf and
libm.pdf) or I'm doing something completely wrong here... /;

Anyone? Anything?
I posted back but it must not have gotten through.

_Exit.def was empty for me when "make pdf" failed. I removed it
by hand and did another make and it succeeded. On another run,
there was another .def file which was empty.

I have had a mix of make pdf's working and not working. That
seems to be the common failure point. But it is intermittent
in my runs.

I wonder if there is a dependency problem or some other
odd issue which would cause this.

When I did a "make info pdf", it seemed to work more reliably.

It really looks like a dependency issue of some sort.


Joel Sherrill, Ph.D.             Director of Research&  Development        On-Line Applications Research
Ask me about RTEMS: a free RTOS  Huntsville AL 35806
Support Available               (256) 722-9985

Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]